What is NPMAS?
About: Neville Public Museum Astronomical Society (NPMAS) is an amateur astronomy club located at Green Bay, Wisconsin. Membership is open to anyone with an interest in astronomy. Meetings are free and open to the public and have a featured presentation, speaker, or observing session.
- To bring together amateur astronomers in order to provide a forum for the exchange of ideas, information, and experiences regarding astronomy and related subjects;
- to promote fellowship and cooperation among amateur astronomers;
- to assist members to more effectively enjoy their pursuits and activities in the field of amateur astronomy;
- to initiate informational activities to educate the members and/or the community about astronomy;
- to conduct astronomical researches
- to cooperate with other educational and professional institution.
NOTE: ** The Neville Public Museum Astronomical Society (NPMAS) is a group of amateur astronomers from northeast Wisconsin. Part of our mission is to promote amateur astronomy: we actively do that by providing several public observing events annually and participating in events such as The Einstein Project (see the "Events" area of our website).
We are not employees of the Neville Public Museum. As such, when the public requests our members to assist in outreach, we're glad to do so as long as our members are available to help you and/ or your organization. Individual requests for members to provide observing events or educational presentations to organizations are processed once received. Our ability to be there for you depends on several factors including (but not limited to): member free-time, event location and weather conditions.
We will respond to your request with our ability to help, but please understand that we are not paid members of the museum who are obligated to fulfill a request for service. **