What is NPMAS?
About: Neville Public Museum Astronomical Society (NPMAS) is an amateur astronomy club located at Green Bay, Wisconsin. Membership is open to anyone with an interest in astronomy. Meetings are free and open to the public and have a featured presentation, speaker, or observing session.
Outreach: NPMAS provides programs and staf viewings to the community, youth groups, educational schools.
Education: NPMAS members provide astronomy programs and telescope viewing sessions to youth groups, classrooms, and nature centers.
- To bring together amateur astronomers in order to provide a forum for the exchange of ideas, information, and experiences regarding astronomy and related subjects;
- to promote fellowship and cooperation among amateur astronomers;
- to assist members to more effectively enjoy their pursuits and activities in the field of amateur astronomy;
- to initiate informational activities to educate the members and/or the community about astronomy;
- to cooperate with other educational and professional institution.
NOTE: ** The Neville Public Museum Astronomical Society (NPMAS) is a group of amateur astronomers from northeast Wisconsin. Part of our mission is to promote amateur astronomy: we actively do that by providing several public observing events annually and participating in events such as The Einstein Project (see the "Events" area of our website).
Individual requests for members to provide observing events or educational presentations to organizations are processed once received. Our ability to be there for you depends on several factors including member free-time, event location and weather conditions.
We will respond to your request with our ability to help,